Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm on a roll today!

I just had to come back b/c my spirit is so excited!! 

You must be true to your own heart or you will never truly be happy.
We’re too afraid of making mistakes & often don’t follow our hearts unless other people say it’s the right thing to do.
You should not have to go around giving unreasonable amount of explanation for why you feel led to do what you do.

I want to cry right now! Tears of joy! God has truly spoken to me through this sermon from Joyce Meyer.

God told me last October that if I stay, He will bless me. This was a time when I was contemplating going to my old manager to beg her to ask my current manager to let me go back to my old department before my year was up. (The only way you can transfer in my company is either to work for a year in your current position, or your manager has to make a special exception.) I knew it would be running away, but I hated my new job so much (I had started in August) and I felt like I couldn’t survive for a whole year. I went on an interview at another company and constantly sent my resume out, but as I was praying one day, I clearly heard God tell me, “If you stay, I will bless you.” At that point I said, “Okay, Lord, I’ll stay.” I stopped actively seeking new employment. Now I am 2.5 months away from my 1 year anniversary! After my year is up and right around the time school starts, I will be resigning from this position and working from home full time! I will have multiple streams of income and will be even better off than I am now! I am being rewarded for my “suffering”! Now, I realize that I wasn’t on a cross or being beaten, which is why I used quotation marks, but I have truly overcome a big obstacle. All of my adult life, as soon as something got hard, (except marriage or childbirth LOL) I told myself and everyone else that I couldn’t take it and I ran away as fast as I could. The last couple of years, I’ve gotten better and better at staying through the hard times. I believe this is the final hurdle to living out my dreams.

I have dreamed of working from home since my first son was born in 1999. I knew it made sense b/c of the internet, but the timing never seemed quite right, or when the timing was okay, I couldn’t find legitimate work or I couldn’t get insurance, or the pay wasn’t right. All of these things are now in place and it’s now up to me to put the work in & get the wheels moving. I have started by setting small goals for myself. Each time I reach one of my goals, I can go to the next step in this process. This has really helped me b/c another thing I’ve been challenged with in the past was not following through on so many things. I believe God has instilled in me enough discipline that I can live a fulfilled life!

No comments: