Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today's verse -- Nehemiah 9:21: For forty years you sustained them in the wilderness, and they lacked nothing. Their clothes did not wear out, and their feet did not swell!

Hallelujah! We are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We've been talking about it and praying about it and now things are finally looking up. We are getting our other car fixed, we're getting checks in the mail, people are just giving us money just to be nice. Thank You, Lord! I do realize money isn't everything, but I also believe it is not right for us to be poor. I also know that the Bible says to "seek ye first the Kingdom..." so we are definitely working on the areas that need improvement when it comes to the will of God.
I was listening to the Bible on a CD the other day and it got to the part where Jesus talked about the Ten Commandments. I knew that there were some I had never broken such as "Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not covet thy neigbor's wife," and some others, but I started thinking about the ones I haven't been following. I believe I have never followed "Love thy neighbor..." I think ever since I was little, there has always been someone who I have felt hate toward. Thinking about that now, I really feel terrible. I know every person has some good in them, but why can't I see that when they make me angry? This is something I must work on. I want to love everyone. I believe when I get to that point, I will be on a higher spiritual level. I know I will get there someday, I just hope it's before I'm 85. :-)
I think through my frustration about this money situation, God was showing me that even though I have been following some of what the Bible says, I need to realize there is much, much more I should be doing. Matt. 7:11 says evil people take care of their children, how much more will the Lord take care of us, His children... I have been saying, "God, I am your child..." please take care of me and not understanding why things didn't happen right away. If one of my children needed something, I would give it to them if I had it and God has control of all the money in the world. Now, I realize, if one of my children needed money or something and I asked them to do something first, I would expect them to try their best to do what I told them. God has given me an instructional manual and I haven't been reading and following it the way I should. Once I got a clue and started trying harder to follow the instructions, I believe God is more open to releasing the things I have been asking for.
Thank You, Lord for the wake up call. That's just what I needed.

No comments: